Never fails to amaze me no matter how many times I rewatch it.
Remember GOAT ME:
- G is generate and test. Quiz yourself and teach others.
- O is organize. Organize with outlines, pictures, color coding, related material, etc.
- A is avoid illusions of learning. Avoid study methods that rely on recognition. If you can’t remember it at any given time, you don’t know it. Learn, not memorize or familiarize.
- T is take breaks. Make sure you take breaks and get enough sleep. You can’t remember large chunks on information in one sitting. Stand up and come back to it at a later time.
- M is match learning and testing conditions. Learn in similar conditions as when you will take the test. One tip is to chew gum when studying a certain subject, and then chew the same flavor of gum later during the test. It will help you remember.
- E is elaborate. Think deeply about the material and make other associations with it.
My answer to the question “what’s your favorite music?”
Sometimes I would write something really, really long and well-thought-out, but at the end of it decide that it might not be worth reading for others, and just scrap it completely. Oh, the cons of hyperfocus!
Never ruin an apology with an excuse.
– Benjamin Franklin
I used to think the worst thing in life is to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone.
– Robin Williams
Avoid people who:
1.) Mess your head.
2.) Intentionally and repeatedly do and say things that they know would upset you.
3.) Expect you to prioritize them but refuse to prioritize you.
4.) Can’t and won’t apologize sincerely.
5.) Act like the victim when confronted with their abusive behavior.
They say the people who exhibit the most kindness have experienced a lot of pain. The ones who act like they don’t need love are the ones who need it most. The ones who take care of everyone else’s needs are the ones who are broken and need the most help. And the people who smile a lot may be the ones who cry when there is no one around.